Abilene police are still searching for a suspect after a late-night car chase.
The chase started just before 9 p.m. after a reckless driver was spotted going the wrong way down Clack Street near San Jose.
The suspect -- a man -- was driving an older model red single cab Chevrolet pickup, a police spokeswoman said.
The pursuit reached speeds of 80 miles per hour.
The suspect was blowing through stop signs.
Officers lost the driver on County Road 341 in Jones County.
As of 10:45 a.m., the suspect hadn't been caught, police said.
We'll continue to update this story as details are made available.
- Update: Abilene police find missing ‘mentally challenged' man
- TxDOT: Hwy 351 at I-20 now 'fully' open to traffic
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Snow in Abilene & the Big Country for Christmas? Maybe, maybe not
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson