ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KVII/SBG/AP) - Police say cellphone activity may yield witnesses in the death of a 10-year-old Albuquerque girl who was raped and murdered in her home.
WARNING: Autopsy report contains graphic details
Investigators are looking into phone and social media records of the three suspects in Victoria Martens' killing.
PHOTOS OF VICTIM, SUSPECTS: http://www.ktxs.com/654541811
Michelle Martens, the girl's mother, her boyfriend Fabian Gonzales and his cousin, Jessica Kelley, have been charged in the August 2016 death.
Police said Victoria was injected with methamphetamine, sexually assaulted, strangled and stabbed before being dismembered. The killing happened on the day she was to celebrate her 10th birthday.
According to the criminal complaint, the mother told police Gonzales drugged the girl so he could calm her down and have sex with her. She said Kelley held her hand over Victoria's mouth and stabbed her in the stomach after Gonzales choked the child.
According to an affidavit, detectives say all three engaged in taking photos, chatting and other activity on Facebook before and after Victoria's death.
They say Kelley's cellphone activity shows there may be people who have important information pertaining to the case.
They are seeking court orders to get evidence from private cellphone companies.
Court records show Martens sought out men to sexually assault her daughter prior to the girl's death.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- TransCanada sends more crews to Keystone pipeline leak
- The Latest: Border agent injured in Texas dies
- Gunman sought after Pennsylvania officer killed during traffic stop
- KTXS Forecast: Back around average with sunny and breezy conditions.
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD