ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police say a man was robbed before he was shot twice in his west Abilene home.
According to the incident report obtained by KTXS, Juan Delacruz, 64, was watching TV and getting ready for bed when an unknown black male came into his house and demanded money at gunpoint.
Delacruz struggled with the suspect and was shot in the arm and leg. Police say he stabbed the suspect.
The suspect, who police believe is a juvenile, ran off with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Delacruz’ daughter called 911.
Police are still looking for the robbery suspect.
- House on Hartford Street in Abilene 'total loss' after Monday fire
- Abilene City Council ready to hear construction update on Fire Station #4
- Dyess captain up for Air Force Entertainer of the Year
- Abilene K-9 ‘medically' retires after impressive career
- Firefighters say sparks caused north Abilene business fire