ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police say a man was robbed before he was shot twice in his west Abilene home.
According to the incident report obtained by KTXS, Juan Delacruz, 64, was watching TV and getting ready for bed when an unknown black male came into his house and demanded money at gunpoint.
Delacruz struggled with the suspect and was shot in the arm and leg. Police say he stabbed the suspect.
The suspect, who police believe is a juvenile, ran off with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Delacruz’ daughter called 911.
Police are still looking for the robbery suspect.
- Updated Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue