SWEETWATER, Texas - Police are investigating a shooting in Sweetwater that may lead to several arrests.
Police said it happened early Sunday morning just after midnight.
Sweetwater Police responded to a report about a burglary in progress in the 1100 block of Elm Street, according to a press release.
At about the same time police said they got another call in that area about a person who had been shot and was requesting medical assistance.
That person was transported to Hendrick Medical Center where he's listed in critical but stable condition.
The Sweetwater Police Department said no arrests have been made at this time and will release more information as the investigation unfolds.
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Salvation Army needs your help this holiday season
- Taylor County Sheriff's Office behind the wheel for simulator training
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver