By Jamie Burch, Nick Bradshaw and Scott Martin/KTXS News
ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police are investigating a murder at a southside home.
Police were called around 5:15 a.m. Saturday about an injured person in the 2100 block of Jeanette Street. When they arrived, they found the body of a 53-year-old black male. There was another man inside the home, 49-year-old Larry White.
GALLERY --> http://www.ktxs.com/470473332
Police say White got into a fight with the victim during which the victim sustained “fatal injuries.”
White has been charged with murder. He's being held at the Taylor County Jail on a $50,000 bond.
The victim’s identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin. His body has been transported to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy.
- Mayor Williams' former campaign manager running for Abilene City Council
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood fugitive declines extradition for homicide-related charges
- 2 held in shooting death of North Texas boy, 5, brother hurt
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Near normal temperatures Wednesday
- Donors step up for Abilene Salvation Army ahead of Thanksgiving
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Bicyclist injured after hitting vehicle in north Abilene
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down