ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police are investigating a late night shooting that sent a 16-year-old to the hospital.
Police responded to a residence in the 700 block of Cherry Street just before midnight Monday. That’s just off of Treadaway Boulevard and South 7th Street.
According to officers, the juvenile had been in an altercation with the 25-year-old homeowner in the frontyard.
The homeowner says they felt threatened and shot the 16-year-old in the abdomen.
Police detained the homeowner and another person at the residence for questioning.
KTXS will provide more details as they become available.
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Mayor Williams' former campaign manager running for Abilene City Council
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Abilene's new city secretary previously served city of Dallas
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country