ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) - Authorities in western New York say a man had his mother serve as his getaway driver while he robbed a fast-food restaurant at gunpoint.
Police in the town of Orchard Park, just south of Buffalo, say a 30-year-old man entered a Mighty Taco restaurant around 2 a.m. Sunday armed with a gun and demanded cash from the register.
Officers say he ran out and got into a van that was seen leaving the parking lot around the same time the robbery occurred. Police pulled over the van moments later and found the suspect in the passenger seat.
Officials say the man's 56-year-old mother was driving the van. Both have been charged with robbery and criminal possession of stolen property.
The mother has been freed after posting bail while her son remains in the Erie County Jail.
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Salvation Army needs your help this holiday season
- Taylor County Sheriff's Office behind the wheel for simulator training
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver