ABILENE, Texas - UPDATE: Abilene police finished their search of the property at 3900 Old Anson Road.
After 11 hours of searching, no remains were found.
Abilene police are searching the property around a home in the 3900 block of Old Anson Road for a body they believe is buried there.
Sgt. Lynn Beard told KTXS they believe the body is someone who was reported missing four years ago. But he would not release a name.
It was not immediately clear who or what tipped police to search the property or why they think it is linked to the 2013 case.
The search began around 7 a.m. Cadaver dogs from Texas Search and Rescue and a ground penetrating radar from Dyess Air Force Base are assisting members of APD’s Missing Persons Unit and Criminal Investigations Division.
Police brought in a backhoe to start digging around 2: 30 p.m.
KTXS has a crew on the scene. We will bring you more information as soon as it’s available.
VIDEO OF SEARCH (KTXS Tower Cam) 4:00 - 4:30 p.m.
VIDEO OF SEARCH (KTXS Tower Cam) 12-4 p.m.
- Over 90 Abilene streets receive worst possible condition rating
- Abilene man reportedly bound with tape, forced into trunk at apartment complex
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Brownwood fugitive declines extradition for homicide-related charges
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country