Abilene, TEXAS - Friday (2/28/14) was the last day to file to run in Abilene school board and municipal races. The municipal election is May 10th.
Mayor Norm Archibald is running for re-election.
He's being challenged by current city councilman Robert Briley .
Abilene businessman Jay Hardaway will be running unopposed for the place four city council seat which was held by Briley.
In the place three seat race, current councilman Anthony Williams is being challenged by Joseph Cochran.
Here is who is running for the Abilene ISD school board.
For the place four race Danny Kittley is running against Cindy Parker Earles.
For place five incumbent Dr. Danny Wheat is being challenged by Samuel Garcia, a former board member.
For place six Stan Lambert , the incumbent, is unopposed, and for the place seven race Dr. Kelvin Kelley , the incumbent , is being challenged by Andy Cleveland.
- Updated Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- Updated House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- Updated Abilene man accused of molesting 4-year-old boy
- Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Abilene man arrested on child pornography charges
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities