Abilene, TEXAS - Friday (2/28/14) was the last day to file to run in Abilene school board and municipal races. The municipal election is May 10th.
Mayor Norm Archibald is running for re-election.
He's being challenged by current city councilman Robert Briley .
Abilene businessman Jay Hardaway will be running unopposed for the place four city council seat which was held by Briley.
In the place three seat race, current councilman Anthony Williams is being challenged by Joseph Cochran.
Here is who is running for the Abilene ISD school board.
For the place four race Danny Kittley is running against Cindy Parker Earles.
For place five incumbent Dr. Danny Wheat is being challenged by Samuel Garcia, a former board member.
For place six Stan Lambert , the incumbent, is unopposed, and for the place seven race Dr. Kelvin Kelley , the incumbent , is being challenged by Andy Cleveland.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash