ABILENE, Texas - Early voting begins Monday for the joint Republican and Democratic primary runoff election.
Some of the most notable Republican runoffs include the race for Texas lieutenant governor. Incumbent David Dewhurst is running against Senator Dan Patrick. For attorney general, Dan Branch is running against Senator Ken Paxton.
For the Democratic runoff, voters can expect to see two big races on the ballot. At the federal level, David M. Alameel and Kesha Rogers are running against one another for a U.S. senator position. At the state level, Jim Hogan and Richard "Kinky" Friedman are running for Commissioner of Agriculture.
You can vote early at the Taylor County Plaza at 400 Oak Street, Suite 101 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. from Monday, May 19 to Friday, May 23.
In Brown County, you can cast your ballot between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. at the Adams Street Community Center from Monday, May 19 to Friday, May 23.
Election Day is Tuesday, May 27.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash