ABILENE, Texas - After weeks of campaigning, the end is in sight. The May 10 elections are here...and KTXS has you covered.
Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. To find out where to vote in Taylor County, locate your precinct on your voter registration card, and find your polling place by clicking HERE.
Local races include a battle for Abilene mayor between incumbent Norm Archibald and challenger Robert Briley, along with wars for positions on the Abilene City Council and Abilene ISD board. There are also races for offices throughout the Big Country.
For additional information on the election in Taylor County, such as sample ballots showing who is running for office, go HERE.
Other elections are being held throughout the Big Country, such as in Brown County.
Results of early voting should be in shortly after 7 p.m. KTXS wil break into programming to give you the first results. We'll also constantly update results online, on the bottom of your television screen, and during our special newscast at 10 p.m.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies