ABILENE, Texas - After weeks of campaigning, the end is in sight. The May 10 elections are here...and KTXS has you covered.
Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. To find out where to vote in Taylor County, locate your precinct on your voter registration card, and find your polling place by clicking HERE.
Local races include a battle for Abilene mayor between incumbent Norm Archibald and challenger Robert Briley, along with wars for positions on the Abilene City Council and Abilene ISD board. There are also races for offices throughout the Big Country.
For additional information on the election in Taylor County, such as sample ballots showing who is running for office, go HERE.
Other elections are being held throughout the Big Country, such as in Brown County.
Results of early voting should be in shortly after 7 p.m. KTXS wil break into programming to give you the first results. We'll also constantly update results online, on the bottom of your television screen, and during our special newscast at 10 p.m.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated