ABILENE, Texas - The Taylor County Republican Party hosted a candidate forum Tuesday night at the Hunter Welcome Center on the ACU campus.
The forum was an opportunity for GOP candidates to talk about why voters should support them in the upcoming primary election.
There are several seats being contested for county offices including two commissioner seats, Court-At-Law judge, and Republicans will pick their nominee for 326th District Judge.
Early voting for the primary begins February 18.
- Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer