ABILENE, Texas - The Taylor County Republican Party hosted a candidate forum Tuesday night at the Hunter Welcome Center on the ACU campus.
The forum was an opportunity for GOP candidates to talk about why voters should support them in the upcoming primary election.
There are several seats being contested for county offices including two commissioner seats, Court-At-Law judge, and Republicans will pick their nominee for 326th District Judge.
Early voting for the primary begins February 18.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash