ABILENE, Texas - Wednesday was the first day candidates could file to run for the upcoming May 10 Abilene city and school board elections, though several candidates had already announced their intentions.
KTXS was there Wednesday as City Council member Anthony Williams officially filed for re-election for Place 3 on the council.
Also filing were Abilene City Council member Robert Briley, who filed to run against current Abilene Mayor Norm Archibald. Archibald has announced plans to seek re-election but has not yet filed.
Local investor Jay Hardaway filed to run for Briley's soon-to-be vacated seat on the council, Place 4.
One Candidate filed Wednesday to run for Abilene ISD Board of Trustees. Former trustee Samuel Garcia filed to run for the Place 5 seat currently being held by Danny Wheat.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget