ABILENE, Texas - Stan Lambert, president of the Abilene ISD Board of Trustees, has announced he's seeking another term on the school board.
Lambert has served on the board for eight years, six of those as president.
Lambert says he's proud of the progress the school district has made recently, especially in the areas of academic performance and graduation/completion rates, but he wants to help lead the district forward in making continued improvements.
Also Tuesday afternoon, we also received word from Samuel Garcia, a former Abilene ISD board member, that he will again be seeking a trustee seat. He'll be running for the Place 5 seat now held by Dr. Danny Wheat.
The city and school board elections are May 10.
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death