ABILENE, Texas - Stan Lambert, president of the Abilene ISD Board of Trustees, has announced he's seeking another term on the school board.
Lambert has served on the board for eight years, six of those as president.
Lambert says he's proud of the progress the school district has made recently, especially in the areas of academic performance and graduation/completion rates, but he wants to help lead the district forward in making continued improvements.
Also Tuesday afternoon, we also received word from Samuel Garcia, a former Abilene ISD board member, that he will again be seeking a trustee seat. He'll be running for the Place 5 seat now held by Dr. Danny Wheat.
The city and school board elections are May 10.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger