ABILENE, Texas - Stan Lambert, president of the Abilene ISD Board of Trustees, has announced he's seeking another term on the school board.
Lambert has served on the board for eight years, six of those as president.
Lambert says he's proud of the progress the school district has made recently, especially in the areas of academic performance and graduation/completion rates, but he wants to help lead the district forward in making continued improvements.
Also Tuesday afternoon, we also received word from Samuel Garcia, a former Abilene ISD board member, that he will again be seeking a trustee seat. He'll be running for the Place 5 seat now held by Dr. Danny Wheat.
The city and school board elections are May 10.
- Updated Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated High levels of ammonia in Texas home where some 430 animals found
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores