ABILENE, Texas - Within a day of Laura Dyer announcing she won't seek re-election to her AISD trustee seat, two Abileneans have announced they will run.
Danny Kittley has filed to run for that Place 4 seat. Kittley, is an Abilene Christian University grad and works for Communities in Schools at the Abilene High campus.
Cindy Parker Earles also has filed. Earles is a retired teacher and has been on an advisory committee for the AISD Board of Trustees.
There's still time to file, the deadline is February 28.
The city and school election is Saturday, May 10.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide