ABILENE, Texas - Within a day of Laura Dyer announcing she won't seek re-election to her AISD trustee seat, two Abileneans have announced they will run.
Danny Kittley has filed to run for that Place 4 seat. Kittley, is an Abilene Christian University grad and works for Communities in Schools at the Abilene High campus.
Cindy Parker Earles also has filed. Earles is a retired teacher and has been on an advisory committee for the AISD Board of Trustees.
There's still time to file, the deadline is February 28.
The city and school election is Saturday, May 10.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated