ABILENE, Texas - Within a day of Laura Dyer announcing she won't seek re-election to her AISD trustee seat, two Abileneans have announced they will run.
Danny Kittley has filed to run for that Place 4 seat. Kittley, is an Abilene Christian University grad and works for Communities in Schools at the Abilene High campus.
Cindy Parker Earles also has filed. Earles is a retired teacher and has been on an advisory committee for the AISD Board of Trustees.
There's still time to file, the deadline is February 28.
The city and school election is Saturday, May 10.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital