ABILENE, Texas - Within a day of Laura Dyer announcing she won't seek re-election to her AISD trustee seat, two Abileneans have announced they will run.
Danny Kittley has filed to run for that Place 4 seat. Kittley, is an Abilene Christian University grad and works for Communities in Schools at the Abilene High campus.
Cindy Parker Earles also has filed. Earles is a retired teacher and has been on an advisory committee for the AISD Board of Trustees.
There's still time to file, the deadline is February 28.
The city and school election is Saturday, May 10.
- Updated Redevelopment for West Texas Hilton hotel opened in 1929
- Updated Video of black Texas woman thrown to ground sparks review
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin