ABILENE, Texas - A well-known Abilene ISD board member has announced she isn't running for re-election.
Laura Dyer, who represents Place 4 on the AISD board, said she plans to step down after two terms on the board.
Dyer said it is time for others to step in and be involved at that level. She also said she is happy to see the resurgence of interest and support for AISD and encourages the Abilene community to continue to support the district.
- Updated Search continues in Sweetwater after man ditches motorcycle, flees
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend