ABILENE, Texas - A well-known Abilene ISD board member has announced she isn't running for re-election.
Laura Dyer, who represents Place 4 on the AISD board, said she plans to step down after two terms on the board.
Dyer said it is time for others to step in and be involved at that level. She also said she is happy to see the resurgence of interest and support for AISD and encourages the Abilene community to continue to support the district.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017