ABILENE, Texas - A well-known Abilene ISD board member has announced she isn't running for re-election.
Laura Dyer, who represents Place 4 on the AISD board, said she plans to step down after two terms on the board.
Dyer said it is time for others to step in and be involved at that level. She also said she is happy to see the resurgence of interest and support for AISD and encourages the Abilene community to continue to support the district.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking