ABILENE, Texas - A well-known Abilene ISD board member has announced she isn't running for re-election.
Laura Dyer, who represents Place 4 on the AISD board, said she plans to step down after two terms on the board.
Dyer said it is time for others to step in and be involved at that level. She also said she is happy to see the resurgence of interest and support for AISD and encourages the Abilene community to continue to support the district.
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Son killed protecting mom at Texas Subway shop where both worked