ABILENE, Texas - Hundreds turned out for day one of the Prairie Dog Pet Products job fair Tuesday morning in Abilene.
Prairie Dog Pet Products will be opening its Abilene facility in February and the company is looking to fill more than 100 positions to get it started.
Many who turned out were excited about the fact that there were so many positions up for grabs, which meant a strong possibility of finding work.
Kayla Wright said the wait was long but worth it.
"I think it’s a good opportunity as long as you’re willing to wait the time out and take the chance you're taking,” Wright said.
Cynthia Carr, who sought a management position, was excited for the chance to be back to work after a previous work injury.
“I'm really excited about trying to look for work and getting to be back out there,” Carr said. “I’m a people person."
Besides just the opportunity for work, some people were happy about the fact the facility would be helping the Abilene economy.
"I'm hopeful that I can get something,” said Michael Lovelace, another prospective employee. “Even if I don't, at least there’s going to be a better economy here because of this."
The job fair will continue from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday at 500 Chestnut Street on the 6th floor.
- House on Hartford Street in Abilene 'total loss' after Monday fire
- Abilene City Council ready to hear construction update on Fire Station #4
- Dyess captain up for Air Force Entertainer of the Year
- Abilene K-9 ‘medically' retires after impressive career
- Firefighters say sparks caused north Abilene business fire