BROWNWOOD, Texas - A pregnant woman who led officers in a car chase around Brownwood has been indicted by a Brown County grand jury.
Amber Elaine White was indicted on Nov. 16 for evading arrest and aggravated assault against a public servant with a deadly weapon, according to court documents.
Brownwood police said in April she led officers on a chase after they tried stopping her for reportedly driving reckless.
Police said she nearly hit an officer and a Brown County Sheriff's deputy during that pursuit.
One of White's original charges was for driving while intoxicated, but an indictment wasn't returned against her for that charge.
- Update: Abilene police find missing ‘mentally challenged' man
- TxDOT: Hwy 351 at I-20 now 'fully' open to traffic
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Snow in Abilene & the Big Country for Christmas? Maybe, maybe not
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson