BROWNWOOD, Texas - A Brownwood man arrested for sexually abusing a young child for more than five years stood before a judge for a bond hearing Monday.
Richard Densel Leach Jr., 40, was indicted for continuous sexual abuse of a child under the age of 14 last December, according to court documents.
Brown County prosecutors asked for Leach's bond to be increased from $50,000 to $400,000 after Leach allegedly attempted to persuade the victim to ask the district attorney to drop or reduce the charges against him, according to court documents.
The 35th Judicial District Judge Stephen Ellis denied that request, according to his court coordinator. Instead, he granted a protective order to not have contact with the victim or immediate family within 1,000 feet of the victim's school, work, or residence.
Brownwood police officers arrested Leach on Christmas Day of 2016 and he posted a $50,000 bond two days later.
- 6 cows killed, deputy hurt in suspected drunk driving crash
- Residents of community near Snyder report not having water since Wednesday
- Texas wife sentenced to prison for killing officer husband
- Kidnapped Border Patrol agent says he feared for family
- 3-year-old boy dies after he's found in hot car in Texas
- State cornhole championship held in Abilene
- 5 car wreck on Winters Freeway, 1 injured
- 24-hour amateur radio field day taking place this weekend
- 2 taken to Abilene hospital after vehicle strikes go-kart
- CityLink addresses driver shortage with pay bump
- Friends of the Library raises over $60,000 at annual Abilene book sale
- Amputee golf tournament taking place at Lake Brownwood
- Owner of Brownwood restaurant and motel disputes $97,000 fine for health violations
- Budget shortfall affecting maintenance at Texas state parks
- Brownwood ISD, emergency agencies conduct response drills
- Early ISD continuing research on proposal to arm teachers, staff
- 4th of July celebrations around the Big Country
- Area's best showcase their stuff in the State Lineman Challenge
- Train derailed by strong winds in Mitchell County
- More than 100 barrels of oil stolen from Nolan County drilling company
- Brownwood battles heat, snags 7-on-7 state spot in duel with Merkel
- Wanted Wednesday: Abilene police looking for 2 capital murder suspects
- Police arrest 2 Abilene men for stealing car, breaking into 'numerous' vehicles in Merkel