ABILENE, Texas - The rain that began falling late Thursday and continued through Saturday evening brought impressive rainfall totals to the Big Country.
The storm system brought the greatest totals to areas south of Interstate 20, but the entire Big Country got at least some rain.
The Abilene Regional Airport registered 1.24 inches bringing February's precipitation total to 1.70 inches.
The San Angelo received 2.33 inches of rain Thursday through Saturday.
The Brownwood Regional Airport recorded 2.63 inches from the storm.
Areas north and west of Abilene saw the least amount of rainfall with this past system.
The Abilene Fire Department stations recorded two-day rainfall totals from 1.13 to 1.53 inches.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9