ABILENE, Texas - The rain that began falling late Thursday and continued through Saturday evening brought impressive rainfall totals to the Big Country.
The storm system brought the greatest totals to areas south of Interstate 20, but the entire Big Country got at least some rain.
The Abilene Regional Airport registered 1.24 inches bringing February's precipitation total to 1.70 inches.
The San Angelo received 2.33 inches of rain Thursday through Saturday.
The Brownwood Regional Airport recorded 2.63 inches from the storm.
Areas north and west of Abilene saw the least amount of rainfall with this past system.
The Abilene Fire Department stations recorded two-day rainfall totals from 1.13 to 1.53 inches.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend