ARLINGTON, Texas - Leonys Martin and Elvis Andrus each scored three runs for Texas, including twice each in an 11-run inning that was the biggest in the majors this season, and the Rangers beat the Houston Astros 16-5 on Monday night.
Martin got the Rangers big third inning started with his majors-leading 11th bunt single before a single by Andrus. The top two hitters in the lineup came home on a single by A.J. Pierzynski, and both got on base and scored again before the Astros finally got the third out.
All nine Rangers scored in the third, when they sent 15 batters to the plate and had seven hits - six singles and a double - along with three walks, two Houston errors and a sacrifice bunt. Only five of the 11 runs were earned.
- Updated Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer