ARLINGTON - Jurickson Profar hit an RBI single before scoring on a suicide squeeze in Texas' five-run inning off Felix Hernandez, and the Rangers went on to a 15-3 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Saturday night.
The AL West-leading Rangers, who have won 15 of 18 games, finished with a season high in runs after an eight-run eighth in which Profar had another RBI single.
Profar had a nifty slide to score on the bunt by Leonys Martin that dribbled only a few feet in front of the plate in that second-inning outburst. Seattle catcher Henry Blanco pounced on the ball and reached back trying to tag Profar, who made an elusive move while diving headfirst and slapping the back tip of the plate.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash