ARLINGTON - Jurickson Profar hit an RBI single before scoring on a suicide squeeze in Texas' five-run inning off Felix Hernandez, and the Rangers went on to a 15-3 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Saturday night.
The AL West-leading Rangers, who have won 15 of 18 games, finished with a season high in runs after an eight-run eighth in which Profar had another RBI single.
Profar had a nifty slide to score on the bunt by Leonys Martin that dribbled only a few feet in front of the plate in that second-inning outburst. Seattle catcher Henry Blanco pounced on the ball and reached back trying to tag Profar, who made an elusive move while diving headfirst and slapping the back tip of the plate.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017