OAKLAND, California - The Texas Rangers have claimed infielder Adam Rosales off waivers from the Oakland Athletics.
The Rangers claimed Rosales before opening a three-game series at Oakland on Friday night. The A's designated the Rosales for assignment Wednesday to clear a spot on the 25-man roster for infielder Alberto Callaspo, who was acquired in a trade from the Los Angeles Angels on Tuesday.
Texas optioned outfielder Engel Beltre to Triple-A Round Rock to make room for Rosales.
Rosales was selected from Triple-A Sacramento on July 24 for his second stint with the A's this year, going 0 for 5 with two walks in two starts at shortstop. He batted .193 with four home runs and eight RBIs in 50 games with Oakland this season.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Associated Press releases it's Texas high school football rankings for Week 1
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase