OAKLAND, California - The Texas Rangers have claimed infielder Adam Rosales off waivers from the Oakland Athletics.
The Rangers claimed Rosales before opening a three-game series at Oakland on Friday night. The A's designated the Rosales for assignment Wednesday to clear a spot on the 25-man roster for infielder Alberto Callaspo, who was acquired in a trade from the Los Angeles Angels on Tuesday.
Texas optioned outfielder Engel Beltre to Triple-A Round Rock to make room for Rosales.
Rosales was selected from Triple-A Sacramento on July 24 for his second stint with the A's this year, going 0 for 5 with two walks in two starts at shortstop. He batted .193 with four home runs and eight RBIs in 50 games with Oakland this season.
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking