ARLINGTON, Texas - Tim Bogar has been hired as bench coach for the Texas Rangers.
Bogar replaces Jackie Moore, who was fired along with first base coach Dave Anderson after the Rangers missed the playoffs for the first time in four seasons.
The Rangers announced Bogar's hiring Monday.
Bogar, a former major league infielder, spent this season as manager at Double-A Arkansas. He was previously on Boston's coaching staff for four seasons, including 2012 as bench coach for the Red Sox. He worked in Boston with Rangers hitting coach Dave Magadan.
The Rangers also said Monday that utility player Jeff Baker has been granted free agency after refusing an outright assignment. He was designated for assignment Oct. 9.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget