ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers are not renewing the contracts of first base coach Dave Anderson and bench coach Jackie Moore for next season.
The Rangers made the announcement Wednesday, a day after manager Ron Washington said he intended on having all his coaches back in 2014.
Pitching coach Mike Maddux, hitting coach Dave Magadan, third base coach Gary Pettis and bullpen coach Andy Hawkins are all expected to return.
Anderson and the 74-year-old Moore, who has been in professional baseball more than a half-century, had both served on Washington's staff the past five seasons.
Moore was in his fourth stint as a coach for the Rangers. He first got into professional baseball as a minor league player in 1957.
The Rangers missed the playoffs for the first time in four years.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Phoenix-area woman finds 7-foot-long snake near trash
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed