ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers are not renewing the contracts of first base coach Dave Anderson and bench coach Jackie Moore for next season.
The Rangers made the announcement Wednesday, a day after manager Ron Washington said he intended on having all his coaches back in 2014.
Pitching coach Mike Maddux, hitting coach Dave Magadan, third base coach Gary Pettis and bullpen coach Andy Hawkins are all expected to return.
Anderson and the 74-year-old Moore, who has been in professional baseball more than a half-century, had both served on Washington's staff the past five seasons.
Moore was in his fourth stint as a coach for the Rangers. He first got into professional baseball as a minor league player in 1957.
The Rangers missed the playoffs for the first time in four years.
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting