ARLINGTON, Texas - Leonys Martin hit a game-winning bases-loaded single with two out in the ninth inning to give the Texas Rangers a 2-1 victory over the Minnesota Twins Saturday night.
Alex Rios doubled with one out against losing pitcher Caleb Thielbar (2-2).
Two walks and one out later, Martin sent a ground ball past Brian Duensing, the Twins' third pitcher of the inning, to send Rios home.
Starting pitchers Matt Garza of the Rangers and Mike Pelfrey each gave up a first-inning run before shutting out their opponent over the next six innings.
Brian Dozier led off the game with his 15th home run, a season record for a Minnesota second baseman.
Adrian Beltre's sacrifice fly following two singles allowed Texas to tie the score 1-1 in the bottom of the first inning.
Joe Nathan (5-2) pitched a scoreless ninth for the win.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend