ABILENE, Texas - Red Flag Warnings are in effect today from late morning through the mid-evening hours for numerous counties in the Big Country.
Counties within our viewing area under the warning include: Taylor (Abilene), King, Knox, Kent, Stonewall, Haskell, Throckmorton, Scurry, Fisher, Jones, Shackelford, Mitchell, Nolan, Callahan, Sterling, Coke, Runnels, Coleman and Tom Green.
Critical fire weather conditions are expected this afternoon due to very warm air temperatures in the middle 80s combined with gusty west winds from 20-35 mph, and relative humidity values at or below 15 percent.
Any fires that develop have the potential to rapidly grow out of control. Outdoor burning is highly discouraged.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash