ABILENE, Texas - Red Flag Warnings are in effect today from late morning through the mid-evening hours for numerous counties in the Big Country.
Counties within our viewing area under the warning include: Taylor (Abilene), King, Knox, Kent, Stonewall, Haskell, Throckmorton, Scurry, Fisher, Jones, Shackelford, Mitchell, Nolan, Callahan, Sterling, Coke, Runnels, Coleman and Tom Green.
Critical fire weather conditions are expected this afternoon due to very warm air temperatures in the middle 80s combined with gusty west winds from 20-35 mph, and relative humidity values at or below 15 percent.
Any fires that develop have the potential to rapidly grow out of control. Outdoor burning is highly discouraged.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend