GREENSBORO, N.C. - Patrick Reed won the Wyndham Championship on Sunday for his first PGA Tour title, beating Jordan Spieth with a birdie on the second hole of a playoff.
Reed recovered from a drive on the par-4 10th that nearly went out of bounds and placed his second shot 7 feet from the pin.
Spieth reached the green in two strokes but his 10-foot birdie putt trickled less than an inch wide of the cup. Reed then sank his birdie putt to end it.
Reed earned $954,000 money and 500 FedEx Cup points for winning the final tournament before the playoffs.
Reed and Spieth finished regulation at 14-under 266. Reed closed with a 4-under 66, and Spieth had a 65.
Abilene native Bob Estes shot a final round one under par 69 to finish in a tie for eighth. This marks the first time Estes has finished in the top ten since the Valero Open back in April. Second top ten finish of the season for the former Cooper Cougar.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017