HOUSTON - Houston coach Gary Kubiak says safety Ed Reed could play when the Texans open the season at San Diego on Monday night.
Reed was taken off the physically unable to perform list on Saturday and returned to practice on a limited basis this week. He has been recovering from April hip surgery to repair a partially torn labrum.
The nine-time Pro Bowler signed in the offseason. He will practice in pads for the first time on Friday. Kubiak says he's been encouraged by the progress Reed has made this week, and that he'll know more about his status for the opener in the next couple of days.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen