WASHINGTON (Sinclair Broadcast Group) - Popular TV talent show "American Idol" has confirmed country star Luke Bryan as its second judge, according to a report by Variety.
Bryan joins Katy Perry for the ABC series reboot.
A third judge is expected to be announced shortly.
PHOTOS: Luke Bryan, Katy Perry & American Idol: http://www.ktxs.com/news/photos-luke-bryan-katy-perry-and-american-idol/626652809
Lionel Richie, who was reported to have been in advanced talks to join the show, seems to be off the table, according to the report.
ABC declined to comment to Variety on Bryan’s deal.
ABC’s takeover of the long-running Fox series was announced in May, and is expected to premiere in March with original host Ryan Seacrest.
- City of Abilene pursuing legal action against fake Facebook account
- Abilene police buy presents for 'Operation Blue Santa'
- Abilene house fire leaves $30,000 in damages
- City of Abilene asks public for feedback on Lake Kirby
- City of Abilene receives $18.37 million for smart water meters
- Police pursuit ends with Abilene suspect in custody
Copyright 2017 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- School zone signs placed near Brown County Christian school
- Pregnant woman who led Brownwood officers on chase indicted
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out
- Rain hits Big Country, wintry mix in some areas
- Sweetwater teen in critical condition after being hit by pickup