ABILENE, Texas - This is the weekend that we need to change our clocks BACK one hour. We return to Central Standard Time at 2 a.m. Sunday morning. But you don't need to stay up until 2 a.m. Set your clocks BACK one hour before you go to bed Saturday night.
Some electronic devices like cable TV boxes and smart phones will change themselves automatically.
Now is also a good time to check or change the batteries in your smoke detector. If you live in a home that uses natural gas for heat, you should also have a carbon monoxide detector. Check the batteries in that too.
While you're changing batteries, if you have a NOAA weather radio, check to see that it is working and its battery is OK.
We will remain on Central Standard Time until Sunday March 10, 2013.
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week