ABILENE, Texas - This is the weekend that we need to change our clocks BACK one hour. We return to Central Standard Time at 2 a.m. Sunday morning. But you don't need to stay up until 2 a.m. Set your clocks BACK one hour before you go to bed Saturday night.
Some electronic devices like cable TV boxes and smart phones will change themselves automatically.
Now is also a good time to check or change the batteries in your smoke detector. If you live in a home that uses natural gas for heat, you should also have a carbon monoxide detector. Check the batteries in that too.
While you're changing batteries, if you have a NOAA weather radio, check to see that it is working and its battery is OK.
We will remain on Central Standard Time until Sunday March 10, 2013.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot