ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Regional Airport has received 1.35 inches of rain since Friday, pushing the total received this calendar year in Abilene to 3.99 inches.
That is still far less than the 8.31 inches typically received through May 27, a deficit of 4.32 inches through the first five months of this year.
By this same time last year, Abilene had received 6.20 inches of rainfall.
Meanwhile, Abilene's counterpart to the south – San Angelo – has been bombarded with heavy rainfall since Friday afternoon.
Mathis Field Airport in San Angelo has received 7.42 inches, upping its seasonal tally from the red and into the black. At 8.27 inches for the year, San Angelo is now reporting 0.80 inches above the normal amount typically received by May 27.
As far as some of the rainfall totals that have been observed since Friday across our viewing, here are some select locations and the amounts that have been logged:
*- San Angelo (Mathis Field): 7.42 inches
*- Brownwood: 7.21 inches
*- Cross Plains: 5.90 inches
*- Brady: 4.64 inches
*- Coleman: 3.91 inches
*- Paint Creek: 2.79 inches
*- Sterling City: 2.78 inches
*- Snyder: 2.35 inches
*- Sweetwater: 1.70 inches
*- Hamby: 1.49 inches
*- Abilene Regional: 1.35 inches
The brunt of the rain has been received at this time and the forecast for the next few days gets a bit drier with highs returning closer to normal values in the middle and upper 80s.
- 6 cows killed, deputy hurt in suspected drunk driving crash
- Residents of community near Snyder report not having water since Wednesday
- Texas wife sentenced to prison for killing officer husband
- Kidnapped Border Patrol agent says he feared for family
- 3-year-old boy dies after he's found in hot car in Texas
- State cornhole championship held in Abilene
- 5 car wreck on Winters Freeway, 1 injured
- 24-hour amateur radio field day taking place this weekend
- 2 taken to Abilene hospital after vehicle strikes go-kart
- CityLink addresses driver shortage with pay bump
- Friends of the Library raises over $60,000 at annual Abilene book sale
- Amputee golf tournament taking place at Lake Brownwood
- Owner of Brownwood restaurant and motel disputes $97,000 fine for health violations
- Budget shortfall affecting maintenance at Texas state parks
- Brownwood ISD, emergency agencies conduct response drills
- Early ISD continuing research on proposal to arm teachers, staff
- 4th of July celebrations around the Big Country
- Area's best showcase their stuff in the State Lineman Challenge
- Train derailed by strong winds in Mitchell County
- More than 100 barrels of oil stolen from Nolan County drilling company
- Brownwood battles heat, snags 7-on-7 state spot in duel with Merkel
- Wanted Wednesday: Abilene police looking for 2 capital murder suspects
- Police arrest 2 Abilene men for stealing car, breaking into 'numerous' vehicles in Merkel