SAN ANGELO, Texas - Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo is reporting that there have been four flu-related deaths there since December 25th. They range in age from 38 to 59 years old. One of them had received the flu vaccination. They were also battling other illnesses that made it harder to recover from the flu.
A fifth person is currently in the intensive care unit suffering from respiratory failure and flu.
The CDC and Texas Health Department believe a version of the H1N1 virus is behind the increased numbers of flu cases.
State law requires only the reporting of pediatric flu fatalities.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget