SAN ANGELO, Texas - Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo is reporting that there have been four flu-related deaths there since December 25th. They range in age from 38 to 59 years old. One of them had received the flu vaccination. They were also battling other illnesses that made it harder to recover from the flu.
A fifth person is currently in the intensive care unit suffering from respiratory failure and flu.
The CDC and Texas Health Department believe a version of the H1N1 virus is behind the increased numbers of flu cases.
State law requires only the reporting of pediatric flu fatalities.
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week