SAN ANGELO, Texas - The San Angelo Chamber of Commerce will host a mayoral forum next week to give voters a chance to hear from the candidates.
Four people have filed to run for the seat being vacated Dwain Morrison. They are City Councilwoman Charlotte Farmer, restaurant owner Brenda Gunter, Zach Taylor, and insurance agent Tony Villarreal.
The forum will be held at 6:30 p.m. on March 28 at the Sarah Bernhardt Theater at Central High School.
The forum is free and open to the public.
There are three contested city council races on the ballot, Districts 1, 4 and 6.
Candidates can file to run for the District 1 race until March 27.
The municipal election is May 6.
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Ann Wedgeworth, born in Abilene & known for 'Three's Company' role, dies at 83
- Bicyclist injured after hitting vehicle in north Abilene
- KTXS Forecast: Quiet Sunday ahead
- Kidnapping suspect claims he thought he was driving his own car & child to Houston
- Love and Care MInistries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD