ABILENE, Texas - San Angelo's Lake Nasworthy reached its full capacity Sunday, forcing officials to open the flood gates.
San Angelo Lake Patrol Police Officers warned motorists in the area to avoid the Ben Ficklin Rd. low water crossing before the flood gates were opened.
Since Friday, San Angelo's Mathis Field picked up 5.56" of rain.
Overflow water from Lake Nasworthy will flow down the Concho River into the O.H. Ivie Reservoir, one of the three main water sources for Abilene.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017