SAN ANGELO, Texas - A 26-year-old San Angelo man has been arrested for shooting a 32-year-old woman in the head.
Arrested in connection with Tuesday's shooting on Tres Rios Drive was Christopher Ray Chavez. He was taken into custody Friday.
Chavez has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly Weapon and unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon.
"This is an ongoing investigation and no other information is available for release at this time," San Angelo police said in a news release. "Additional charges are pending the outcome of the investigation."
News release from San Angelo Police Department:
A 26-year-old San Angelo man has been arrested in connection with Tuesday's shooting on Tres Rios Drive.
Since the incident, Detectives with the San Angelo Police Department's Criminal Investigations Division have been working tirelessly to identify and locate the suspect that shot a 32-year-old San Angelo woman in the head Tuesday afternoon.
During the investigation, Detectives developed Christopher Ray Chavez (DOB 08-21-89) as the suspect. Additionally, Chavez had an outstanding Arrest Warrant for Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle from an unrelated incident.
Yesterday, members from the Patrol and Criminal Investigations Divisions and Special Operations Section (S.O.S.) located Chavez standing outside a residence located in the 1200 block of E. 26th Street. When Officers approached Chavez, Chavez fled. While in flight, Chavez produced a firearm from his waistband; however, Chavez was taken into custody before he was able to fire the weapon.
Chavez was arrested for his outstanding warrant and taken to Police Headquarters for questioning about Tuesday's shooting. Following the interview, Chavez was charged with Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon and Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Felon.
This is an ongoing investigation and no other information is available for release at this time. Additional charges are pending the outcome of the investigation.
- Updated 'Injuries and casualties' reported after Amtrak train plunges off bridge south of Seattle
- Texas Rangers pitcher Hamels gives mansion, 100-plus acres to camp for special needs kids
- Charge: Woman, 21, shot man in head for performing sex act wrong
- Donations pour in after 7-year-old's letter to Santa goes viral
- Death threats haunt Miss Iraq in wake of selfie controversy
- Tractor hits power line pole in north Abilene
- Police: Abilene woman who catfished elderly man may have been catfished herself
- Abilene takes part in Wreaths Across America
- Update: Abilene police find missing ‘mentally challenged' man
- TxDOT: Hwy 351 at I-20 now 'fully' open to traffic
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Family of 5 displaced before Christmas after fire destroys Coleman home
- Snow in Abilene & the Big Country for Christmas? Maybe, maybe not
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City