SAN ANGELO, Texas - In San Angelo, the Tom Green County Sheriff's Office is investigating a case of locker room bullying, that was caught on camera.
The on-camera beating happened at Grape Creek High School.
KTXS news edited the video and removed the audio, due to length, cursing, and it's graphic nature.
According to a report from a Tom Green County deputy, the victim was pushed down by a member of the high school baseball team. A taller student is then seen jumping in.
While the victim was down on the ground, a loud crash was heard, then you see him curled up in pain.
It's that moment you don't see on the video that started the sheriff's investigation.
Grape Creek ISD Superintendent David Hale tells us they do not tolerate this kind of behavior.
Hale says the high school principal and athletic director conducted a swift investigation.
Superintendent Hale says some students have been punished, however, state law prevents him from discussing how they were disciplined.
Superintendent Hale calls the incident an ugly black eye for the school.
He says steps have been taken to prevent this kind of thing in the future, including more supervision from coaches in the locker rooms.
The sheriff's office investigation is still underway. Charges may follow.
According to a deputy's report, the victim has some bumps on his head.
The case is being investigated as an assault that caused bodily injury.
- Updated Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Lawmakers: Wells Fargo a 'criminal enterprise' like Enron
- Police: Woman, 64, seriously injured in Big Spring disturbance, man arrested
- Texas prison records show more than 330 transgender inmates
- Updated Hoboken train crash: 1 dead, more than 100 injured
- Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash