SAN ANGELO, Texas - From San Angelo police:
On Wednesday, August 15, 2012, at approximately 1:30 a.m., San Angelo Police were dispatched to a Fight in Progress Call at Tom's Bar, 1115 S Chadbourne St.
Just after 1:30 a.m., officers arrived at the bar to investigate the report of a fight involving fifteen to twenty (15-20) bar patrons. Officer Antonio Aguilar was first to arrive on scene and as he exited his patrol unit, he heard screaming coming from inside the bar. Once inside, Officer Aguilar observed two men actively fighting each other amongst a large crowd. The two men were later identified as Reimundo Robles (DOB 06-28-75) and Daniel Casillas (DOB 05-06-87) both of San Angelo.
Officer Noe Acosta arrived on scene to assist and he and Officer Aguilar began to instruct the crowd not to leave the bar. Officers Acosta and Aguilar also instructed Robles and Casillas that they were being detained. Robles resisted the instructions several times and continued to struggle with both officers as he was being placed into handcuffs. As Robles was taken into custody for resisting, Casillas also ignored the officers' instructions and fled the bar. He was located shortly after leaving the bar by assisting Officer Andy Kolb.
SAPD K9 Sergeant David Egger and his Police Service Dog Pepper arrived to assist with the crowd when he learned that a subject who was reportedly involved in the incident fled west from the bar. Sgt. Egger, Pepper, and assisting Officer Benjamin Spencer began a track of the subject who was later identified as Jesse J. Rodriguez. (DOB 08-20-88) of San Angelo. During the track, Pepper indicated the detection of human odor and lead officers across Hill Street to the south side of the Mayfield Paper Company where Rodriguez was spotted. Once officers called out to identify themselves to Rodriguez, he refused their requests to stop and continued to flee west into a nearby field. Sgt. Egger, Pepper, and Officer Spencer continued their track of Rodriguez into the field where Rodriguez was eventually located and taken into custody without further incident.
Roble was charged with Disorderly Conduct Affray, Resisting Arrest, and an outstanding County Warrant. Casillas was arrested for Disorderly Conduct Affray and Evading Detention. Rodriguez was charged with Evading Detention. Photographs of the suspects can be obtained by contacting the Tom Green County Jail at (325) 659-6597.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated