Shortly after 1:40 a.m. Friday, San Angelo Patrol Police Officer Noel Anderson attempted to stop a vehicle in the 500 block of N Baze Street for a traffic violation. The vehicle, occupied by a male driver and female passenger, pulled into a private driveway near the 500 block of N Baze before coming to a stop. Both driver and passenger exited the vehicle and fled on foot westbound towards an alley.
Additional officers arrived to assist, including Police K9 officers Brian Gesch and Howard Miller. Officer Gesch and his Police Service Dog Snoop initiated a track in the direction the driver and passenger were last seen. The track lead police along a fence where Snoop indicated the suspects possibly jumped. Snoop continued the track through surrounding yards and eventually to a residence where the female suspect was located hiding under a stairway. The K9 team continued to search the area when Snoop alerted to the front porch of a nearby residence where the male suspect was located hiding under a blanket. Both suspects were taken into custody.
During the field investigation, two handguns were located inside the suspect vehicle along with a prohibited weapon and a substance which field-tested positive for methamphetamine. A routine records check of the firearms showed one reported as stolen in Tom Green County.
Alma Rivera (DOB 12-09-93) of San Angelo was arrested for Evading Arrest/Detention and an outstanding City Warrant.
Erineo N. Antu (DOB 11-04-86) of San Angelo was arrested for Evading Arrest/Detention, Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon, Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Felon, State Jail Felony Possession of Controlled Substance-Methamphetamine, and four (4) outstanding City Warrants.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated