HOUSTON - Matt Schaub had a touchdown pass and backups Case Keenum and T.J. Yates both added a score to help the Houston Texans to a 24-17 victory over the Miami Dolphins on Saturday night.
Schaub played most of the first quarter for Houston (2-0) and got off to a rough start, throwing an interception on his first series and being sacked on third down on the second. He and the offense got going on the next drive, and he found tight end Owen Daniels wide open in the end zone for a 15-yard touchdown pass.
Ryan Tannehill looked sharp, throwing for 141 yards and a touchdown in just under a half of work for the Dolphins (1-2). But the offense took a blow when new tight end Dustin Keller sustained what appeared to be a serious right leg injury. No details of the injury were immediately available.
Houston first-round pick receiver DeAndre Hopkins was also injured; leaving in the second quarter with what the team says is a head injury.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- Texas ag chief OKs use of poison to bring a 'hog apocalypse'