ARLINGTON, Texas - Kyle Seager snapped a career-worst 0-for-21 slump with a go-ahead two-run homer and the Seattle Mariners beat the AL West-leading Texas Rangers 3-1 on Friday night.
Hisashi Iwakuma (11-6) struck out eight and allowed one run in seven innings.
Derek Holland pitched two-hit ball with six strikeouts over seven scoreless innings for Texas before Neal Cotts (4-2), whose 0.93 ERA was the lowest among American League relievers, walked Nick Franklin. Seager then lined a shot into the Rangers bullpen in right-center field, his 18th homer of the season but first in 13 games.
Justin Smoak homered in the ninth for Seattle, which won for only the seventh time in 19 games.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated