ARLINGTON, Texas - Kyle Seager snapped a career-worst 0-for-21 slump with a go-ahead two-run homer and the Seattle Mariners beat the AL West-leading Texas Rangers 3-1 on Friday night.
Hisashi Iwakuma (11-6) struck out eight and allowed one run in seven innings.
Derek Holland pitched two-hit ball with six strikeouts over seven scoreless innings for Texas before Neal Cotts (4-2), whose 0.93 ERA was the lowest among American League relievers, walked Nick Franklin. Seager then lined a shot into the Rangers bullpen in right-center field, his 18th homer of the season but first in 13 games.
Justin Smoak homered in the ninth for Seattle, which won for only the seventh time in 19 games.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene