ARLINGTON, Texas - Kyle Seager snapped a career-worst 0-for-21 slump with a go-ahead two-run homer and the Seattle Mariners beat the AL West-leading Texas Rangers 3-1 on Friday night.
Hisashi Iwakuma (11-6) struck out eight and allowed one run in seven innings.
Derek Holland pitched two-hit ball with six strikeouts over seven scoreless innings for Texas before Neal Cotts (4-2), whose 0.93 ERA was the lowest among American League relievers, walked Nick Franklin. Seager then lined a shot into the Rangers bullpen in right-center field, his 18th homer of the season but first in 13 games.
Justin Smoak homered in the ninth for Seattle, which won for only the seventh time in 19 games.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot