SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Two men arrested for breaking into SeaWorld in San Antonio say they were part of a group that did so as part of a fraternity initiation.
Two Houston men ages 18 and 23 were arrested at the scene early Wednesday.
The San Antonio Express-News says that according to a police report, the two told police they were among seven who broke into the park as part of a fraternity initiation after being told to take pictures with the animals after dark.
But a manager and another employee working late saw the group and called security and police.
The two men were arrested and charged with criminal trespass and theft. Both admitted to taking ice cream from an unlocked kiosk freezer.
A helicopter search did not find the others.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot