By Mari Cockerell & Doug Myers/KTXS News
ABILENE, Texas -- San Angelo is getting a second H-E-B grocery store.
There, however, are no current plans to open a second H-E-B in Abilene, even though the company in 2011 purchased almost 20 acres of land – part of which is the old Lacks furniture store – off of Buffalo Gap Road near Antilley Road.
“We currently have no future plans for Abilene but will keep you posted,” H-E-B spokeswoman Julie Bedingfield told KTXS.
There's currently one H-E-B in Abilene – at 1345 Barrow.
Meanwhile, information on file with the City of San Angelo shows the company's projected investment on the new H-E-B store to be $16.5 million. It will be located at 5502 Sherwood Way.
Bedingfield confirmed the plans for the second San Angelo store along with a planned opening for fall 2017.
She said the new store will offer "curbside service so customers can order online and have it ready to be picked up at their convenience."
The new San Angelo H-E-B will also have a fuel station and carwash, and offer plants, pottery, furniture, and grills for purchase.
San Angelo's existing H-E-B is located at 3301 Sherwood Way.
- Former Abilene mayor Norm Archibald named 2017 Citizen of the Year
- Police report: $5,000 embezzled from Abilene youth football organization
- Brownwood man sentenced to 20 years in connection with 8-year-old boy's death
- Abilene man, 21, sentenced to 15 years for shooting mother in head
- KTXS Forecast: Increasing rain chances into the weekend ahead of next cold front.
- 21 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- 2 Abilene men indicted for sharing child porn
- Abilene woman arrested after young child tests positive for cocaine, other drugs
- Abilene woman talks about scary moment inside elevator with panhandler
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Abilene woman empowered to share story by #MeToo movement
- Former HPU nursing school dean responds to students' lawsuits
- Samuel Juarez Jr. guilty of manslaughter in death of Brownwood boy
- Ft. Hood soldier who led Brown County deputies on chase turns himself in
- Day 1 wraps for murder trial of Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Murder trial begins Tuesday for Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Brownwood plant manager: No injuries from minor explosion
- Austin couple arrested in Winters for 234 pounds of marijuana
- Hawley residents blame road conditions on FM 3326 for fatal crash
- Snyder man arrested for indecency with child
- Woodson ISD launches investigation into superintendent's sudden resignation
- Remains found in far West Texas believed to be missing elderly Colorado City woman
- Woodson ISD names new interim superintendent after abrupt resignation