ABILENE, Texas - TX-DOT will be closing US 277 from FM 1235 to FM 89 on Friday to remove a beam that became stuck on the road Monday.
The beam weighs and estimated 175,000 pounds, and fell off a trailer that was hauling it.
The closure will start at 7 a.m. and will last until the beam is removed. Traffic will be diverted at FM 1245 and FM 89.
TX-DOT officials encourage drivers to be especially watchful when traveling through the area.
- Suspect in Niblo investigation back in court for property
- Bicyclist injured after hitting vehicle in north Abilene
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD