TALLAHASSEE, Fl. - Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston is The Associated Press player of the year.
It's the latest honor in a cadre of postseason accolades for the redshirt freshman. He won the Heisman Trophy, was named the Walter Camp national player of the year, the Davey O'Brien quarterback of the year and the Atlantic Coast Conference player of the year.
Winston was a landslide winner in AP player of the year voting after setting Atlantic Coast Conference freshman records for yards passing and touchdown passes. He received 49 out of 56 votes cast by AP Top 25 college football poll voters.
Winston leads the No.1-ranked Seminoles against No. 2 Auburn in the BCS championship game Jan. 6 with the opportunity to bring a third national title back to the Florida State campus.
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning