ABILENE, Texas - Police arrested two people and are looking for a third after an overnight shooting at the Civic Plaza Hotel in downtown Abilene.
Around 12:30 a.m. Saturday, gunfire erupted outside the hotel in the 500 block of Pine Street, across from the Abilene Convention Center.
A man who is a bouncer at a bar down the street caught the shooting on his cell phone camera.
WARNING: The video contains explicit language
“That was like 10 gunshots,” Chad Taillon said after the shooting.
Abilene police say a patrol officer in the 600 block of Pine Street also heard the shots.
When he arrived, people were scrambling, running multiple directions through the parking lot.
GALLERY --> http://www.ktxs.com/637947401
Police stopped a maroon Chevy Impala leaving the hotel, driving the wrong way down North 5th Street. They arrested both people in the car.
Jaucorian Cortez Davis, 18, and David Dion Jordan, 21, are charged with deadly conduct – discharge of a firearm. Both are originally from Clarksdale, Mississippi but now live in Abilene, according to police. Their bond is set at $75,000.
Jaucorian Cortez Davis
David Dion Jordan
Police also found a .380 gun in the car. They believe it is one of three guns used in the shooting because .380 shell casings were found at the crime scene. The gun had been reported stolen several days ago in a car burglary in south Abilene.
One person was hit in the leg. Police say they refused to press charges cooperate with the investigation. Three vehicles were also hit.
"Who was firing at who and why they were firing at one another is still under investigation," said Sgt. Lynn Beard during a Saturday afternoon news conference.
The shooting happened during a 'Friday the 13th' party at the hotel. According to a flyer posted on Snapchat, the party ran from 10 p.m. until 2 a.m.
"We know there was some type of party going on at the hotel," said Beard. "Some people attending the party attempted to steal money from another person attending the party. A fight broke out. During that altercation, shots were fired."
Beard said police are still looking for a third person. In the video, he's wearing a white shirt and can be seen firing a gun.
"This is extremely dangerous behavior," said Beard. "Once those bullets go out the end of the gun, they don't come back.”
We spoke to a hotel clerk. He did not want to comment. We are waiting to hear back from his boss.
Beard called the area around the hotel a "high crime area." He said police are at the Civic Plaza Hotel "quite frequently."
Police have answered more than 300 calls in the area of the hotel over the past year (NOTE: The 300-plus calls also include things like traffic stops and medical calls)
Abilene PD plans to have more patrols in the area.
EDITOR'S NOTE: An earlier version of this story reported Arenzo Cowan, 18, an airman stationed at Dyess Air Force Base, was arrested at 1:05 a.m. at the hotel on a disorderly conduct charge. He has since been released on a $350 bond.
Cowan's arrest was not connected to the shooting, according to Abilene police.
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Ann Wedgeworth, born in Abilene & known for 'Three's Company' role, dies at 83
- Bicyclist injured after hitting vehicle in north Abilene
- KTXS Forecast: Quiet Sunday ahead
- Kidnapping suspect claims he thought he was driving his own car & child to Houston
- Love and Care MInistries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD