ABILENE, Texas - A single mother of two little girls is searching for a new job to support her family after being told she will be laid off from Teleperformance USA in April.
On Monday, the company announced its call center located on Judge Ely will be closing on April 14. The closure will leave 274 employees without a job.
“My stomach sank,” Mariah Harper said. “I didn't know where to go next, or what do.”
Harper had just moved into an apartment complex near the call center two days prior to the announcement. She had already planned to take time to finish unpacking. Instead, Harper spent the morning searching for jobs.
“I have two little ones and I recently separated,” Harper said. “Now it’s starting all the way over.”
Harper is hopeful she will find another job soon.
“This was the best job that I've had. I finally felt like I was doing something good for myself and my kids, being able to stand on my own and support my children.”
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 7 tornadoes reported Tuesday in Big Country
- DPS identifies 2 killed, 1 injured in Jones County rollover crash
- Exclusive video: Knox County tornado
- 'Witness' in Hamlin murder confesses to deadly shooting
- Tornadoes, hail, flooding: Tuesday's severe storms caught on camera