ABILENE, Texas - A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect for most of our region through Friday morning. Snow has been falling mainly south of I-20 through 1:30 AM Friday morning. This snowfall is spreading northeast and should affect areas around and north of I-20 before sunrise Friday.
Travel is discouraged as bridges and overpasses will likely become icy after the snow starts falling.
The National Weather Service reports that roads in the San Angelo area are slushy and around one inch of snow has accumulated on car tops there. Snow has also been reported east of San Angelo in Ballinger, Winters and Coleman.
TXDOT reports that crews have been treating bridges in Runnels county. They also report that ice and snow are found on many bridges and overpasses in Tom Green and Concho counties. Some light snow has fallen in Mitchell county and TXDOT crews there are on standby.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer