ABILENE, Texas - A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect for most of our region through Friday morning. Snow has been falling mainly south of I-20 through 1:30 AM Friday morning. This snowfall is spreading northeast and should affect areas around and north of I-20 before sunrise Friday.
Travel is discouraged as bridges and overpasses will likely become icy after the snow starts falling.
The National Weather Service reports that roads in the San Angelo area are slushy and around one inch of snow has accumulated on car tops there. Snow has also been reported east of San Angelo in Ballinger, Winters and Coleman.
TXDOT reports that crews have been treating bridges in Runnels county. They also report that ice and snow are found on many bridges and overpasses in Tom Green and Concho counties. Some light snow has fallen in Mitchell county and TXDOT crews there are on standby.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017