CAYCE, S.C. (AP) - Authorities say a South Carolina man killed in a workplace accident at a steel mill died of blunt force trauma to his head.
Multiple media outlets report Corey Thomas Morris of Murrells Inlet died while working at CMC Metals Co. in Cayce. He was a welder employed by Andrews-based Three D Metal Works Inc., a third-party contractor working at CMC Metals.
Lexington County Coroner Margaret Fisher says Morris died at the scene. No one was injured in the accident, which occurred Thursday.
Cayce Department of Public Safety and CMC officials continue to investigate.
CMC Steel has its headquarters in Irving, Texas. The company's website says it has more than 120 local recycling centers, steel mills, fabrication facilities and other businesses in more than 12 countries.
- Updated Person of interest sought in Houston triple slaying
- Updated Police believe deaths of father, 2 kids was murder-suicide
- Texas man sentenced for illegally making guns sent to Mexico
- Updated Texarkana bus assault allegation prompts investigation
- Texas student takes to school gun reported stolen in 2012
- Abilene police: Fake carjacking led to SWAT standoff
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Abilene couple robbed at gunpoint while sitting at stoplight
- Indicted: Man accused of robbing Abilene scrap metal business while wearing ‘Scream' mask
- WATCH: Abilene VFW remembers attack on Pearl Harbor
- Health Department: No bed bugs at Mall of Abilene playground
Copyright 2017 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- School zone signs placed near Brown County Christian school
- Pregnant woman who led Brownwood officers on chase indicted
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out
- Rain hits Big Country, wintry mix in some areas
- Sweetwater teen in critical condition after being hit by pickup
- DPS identifies woman killed in fiery crash last week near Winters
- Man dies in Hamlin police custody, Texas Rangers investigating