ABILENE, Texas - A couple in north Abilene got an unwelcome and unwanted wakeup call Tuesday morning. They had to race outside in 40-degree weather about 6 a.m. when their mobile home caught fire.
Flames were shooting out of the roof when firefighters arrived at the mobile home park off I-20 and FM 600.
Stephanie Gonzales told KTXS she woke up to popping noises and discovered their mobile home at 3701 Fortune was on fire.
Fortunately, she and Trey Beasley made it out with their dog.
Beasley was taken to the hospital. His injuries are unknown, but the fire department said they are minor.
The fire department said the fire was started by the space heater Gonzales and Beasley was using last night to stay warm.
The mobile home is a total loss.
- Over 90 Abilene streets receive worst possible condition rating
- Abilene man reportedly bound with tape, forced into trunk at apartment complex
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Brownwood fugitive declines extradition for homicide-related charges
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country